Saturday 14 July 2007

In Seattle

Touched down safely at Tacoma about 4.40pm local time. Pretty good flight actually, no turbulence. Had great views of Greenland, the Canadian Shield and the Rockies from my window seat. It was almost completely clear all the way across. I'll try and post some pictures when I've the time...

Took a while to get through customs. It's got very comical when they're did my full bag search! I had several kilograms of 'white powder' that took a bit of explaining. The customs officers thought I was mad and said 'why don't you drive across, it's far easier'.


Downtown Seattle

Waited around with Robin for my bike bag to get delivered to baggage claim. We eventually found it around a corner where they had conveniently hidden it. Drove back to the house, met Amy for the first time, and had a very pleasant evening chatting with them both and eating on the terrace, with a good view of Mt. Rainier in the distance.

Amy, Paul (Amy's brother), Robin.


The bike survived and I've re-assembled it. We're about to drive to Everett now...



Southern Greenland


And again...



And again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your bike is in one piece and you got there ok.

Let us know how you got on today - day 1....

And post some pictures!! Ok?

Beth said...

Great to hear you got there safely. The kids are waiting for the first instalment of you epic ride!