Thursday 5 July 2007

New Wheels

My new wheels got couriered to me this morning. Exciting or wot? I've splashed out on some Tune Hubs (Mig70, Mag160 in black) and had them built up onto DT Swiss RR 1.1 rims (28s) with DT Aerolite spokes. All in weight of 1400 grams including skewers (according to my kitchen scales that have only ever weighed bike bits). This shaves 275 grams off my other respectable 'best' wheels . That's over 1/2 a pound! They're also lighter than Ksyrium ESs!
Expensive no doubt...

Quickly fitted rim tape, tyres, tubes and a cassette and stuck them in. Went for a fast 50 miler to test and was well impressed! Definitely tighter than my other wheels and a noticeably smoother ride. Thanks to Andy and Sandra at PoshBikes for the advice and supply and Harry Rowland for the build. Top notch!

Cycling jewelery...

No comments: