Friday 13 July 2007

On a jet plane

Setting off today and boy, it's about time. Patience is one of a catalogue of virtues that I don't have very much of. Good job I'm not superstitious either! Due to land in Seattle around 5pm local. Friends, Amy and Robin from the Seattle environs, have very kindly agreed to put up with me for the night and ship me to Everett on the Saturday. That makes them my new best friends! Shallow? Me?

This catchy tune has come into my head recently, but I can't figure out why and I can't think where I've heard it before:

O say, can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars...


Right, I'm off to experience one of those exciting, happy, scary, worrying, boring, frustrating sort of days that only air travel can supply.

No comments: